I’m excited to share the progress I am making with incorporating all the great feedback I received about the pencil during and after the Kickstarter campaign. I have been testing copper and stainless steel versions, and they have come out well (pictured above). I am also making headway on a titanium version — machinists pull a strange face when you ask them about titanium, but they’re coming around to the idea.
Some things I’m working on that I’m really excited about…
– Offering 0.5, 0.7 and 0.9mm lead options
– An improved internal mechanism
– A tip protection solution
– An improved locking system for the eraser end
– Each pencil having its own unique identifying number (don’t worry, it will be hidden from plain view)
…More updates on these later.
I’d love to hear your feedback. Please add your thoughts below.